What is Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is a free website where small businesses can manage their map listing that appears on Google. When searching for a business on Google, information such as your business name, phone number, address, reviews, and pictures show up on the results page.
Take a look at the screenshot below. This happened after I searched for Chiropractor Sunrise Fl. The red box is Google My Business, previously Google Places. By the way, the first listing is a ChiroBuilt member.
How To Add Your Chiropractic Practice to Google My Business
You will need a google account first. If you don't have one, click here to create one for free. Once you have a Google account go here to get started setting up your Google My Business listing: https://www.google.com/business/
Step 1. Confirm you don't already have a GMB account.
Go to google search, type in the name of your Chiropractic practice and it's zip code. ex: "ChiroBuilt in 15301". If you don't see your business, that means you don't have a GMB account. Click add "Your Business Name" to Google Maps.
Step 2 – Click "Claim this business"
There is no need to enter in any information on this step but simply click the Claim this business link.
Step 3 – Add your business and fill out your information
Next, you will see a form like the image below. You will be able to add your address, phone, and business category. Make sure the category describes your business, because Google uses this to match searches to your business.
Important: Do I need a Google My Business page for each of my locations?
No. You only need 1 Google My Business page for every location you have. You will have to add and verify each location. Read the next step on how to verify your location.
Step 4 - Verify your business
Verify your business by clicking the verify now link. Google needs to know your address is accurate and valid, so they will send you a postcard to the address you entered in step 3. I've seen the card taking 3 to 5 business days. Once you get the card you will need to enter your code on your Google My Business page.
Once you have verified your business, you will be able to access the insights and reviews section of your profile.
Step 5 - Edit your listing
This is the most important step in getting your ranking higher on Google's result page. Make sure you enter everything in yellow below.
- Website – Add your website so potential patients can learn more about your chiropractic practice. If you do not have a website, ChiroBuilt can build you a customized Chiropractic website in less than 10 business days. We offer a custom website, SEO, newsletter marketing and so much more. Learn more about the features of our chiropractic websites here or click here to learn about our included SEO . You will need to verify your website in order for it to show on your profile. Verifying lets Google know that you are the authorized owner of the website URL.
- Hours of Operation – Confirm your business hours are accurate and listed. Your hours will show across Google, and will warn people that are using the Google maps app if the business they are driving to will close before they arrive.
- Photos – Pictures are worth a thousand words. Add photos of you, your staff, your office and whatever you feel will represent your business in a positive fashion. It's very important you add high quality images as this can alter the persons perception of your office.
Virtual Tour – Having a virtual tour enables users to get an understanding of your practice before they even have their first visit. Although it's not necessary including a virtual tour could dramatically increase your Google ranking and bring in more patients to your practice.
- Profile Picture – This is the main photo users will view when your business listing displays on Google's result page. You can show the front of your practice from the road, or you can get creative in order to stand out from all of the other listings. Remember, marketing is all about perception so make sure whichever decision you make that the image is high quality. We have written more about the subject of branding on another post. Click here to read it.
- Description – Write your description short and sweet, but also include keywords that you think people will use when searching for your type of practice. So if you focus on work injury and car accidents, some terms you may want to include in your description are "Work Injury Treatment" and "Auto Accident Injuries". Do your research and see which terms harvest the most searches.
Bonus - Get patients to review your practice!
Google's help page says "High-quality, positive reviews from your customers will improve your business's visibility and increase the likelihood that a potential customer will visit your location." Encourage your patients to leave a review by creating a link on your website that they can click to write reviews. Interact with customers by responding to reviews that they leave about your practice. Responding to reviews shows that you care about your patients and what they have to say.
One last thing, get alerts when someone writes a review about your practice on GMB. Click here to learn more.
Get a custom URL for your google+ page. It's free, easy and fast. Step 1, go to your GMB profile page, find the "Get your custom URL" box, then click "Get URL". Follow the steps, they're simple and takes about 15 seconds to complete.
Thank you for reading our post and feel free to comment below with any questions you have.
Take a test drive of our designs, and remember to use the color changer to get an idea of the versatility of our examples!
Your clinic can have a new patient generating Chiropractic website by following these 5 steps.
Brand design is one of the biggest concerns of companies that seek to increase their sales.